Thursday

Peter Gutierrez
behance.net/pgutierrez

Peter Gutierrez creates intriguing, bold imagery. His work is often sharp and primarily monochrome with exciting bursts of colour. Sometimes concentrating on detail and other times experimenting with texture but always portraying a sense of mystery and enchantment, which makes his showcase of work all the more appealing.

Kingdom Animalia




Tell us more about your featured project?
Kingdom Animalia is a small experiment in which I create very expressive portraits of certain animals using very heavy amounts of texture. It's a different approach to how I usually draw because I typically like to make detailed and specific line work, but in this case I'm working on creating something that is both loose and yet identifiable. It is in trying trying to prevent the looseness of it from becoming too specific where I found the biggest challenge, but that is what made this series all the more enjoyable and enlightening for me.

ImagineThat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Web Analytics