Thursday

Lee Gascoyne | leegascoyne.blogspot.com

Lee Gascoyne graduated in 2011 with a first class honors degree in Interdisciplinary Art & Design and was awarded the Chancellor’s Prize for outstanding achievement. Lee has been part of several group exhibitions and collaborative works that span painting, sculpture and installation. He is currently working on a private painting commission and has a major collaborative exhibition in the pipeline for 2013.

“When I make artwork it not only represents my journey to make the finished piece but also includes, and plays with, the recognition of its observation by others. I am aware of myself having ideas and making things, and I’m also aware of the space between this process and the observer (the context of which is also considered). I do not expect the observer to ‘get it’ as I do not feel I’m actually injecting precise information that can be read like a book given enough intelligence. This imagined space is what I find to be the ultimate end/beginning point of a piece of art. It’s the point where I’m not involved in the rigors of thinking and doing. I have a chance to see the work again as an observer and to also learn from others in the process of repeatedly attempting to express the indefinable.”





ImagineThat   facebook | twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Web Analytics